Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Historian Orlando Figes admits posting monster reviews of rivals work on Amazon

Historian Orlando Figes certified currently he was at the behind of unknown reviews savaging opposition scholars" books that were posted on Amazons website.

The finger of guess had been forked in the citation of the Russian scholars wife, law consultant Stephanie Palmer, in a box that has drawn far-reaching intrigue.

But in a thespian turn to the well read whodunnit, Figes suggested he was wholly obliged for the put-downsand his mother had been perplexing to save him out of faithfulness during a time of heated stress.

He apologised to her, his counsel and academics whose functions were rubbished.

The professor, who has left on ill leave from his pursuit at Londons Birkbeck College, certified to being stupidbut pronounced he had not dictated to means harm.

Comments posted online had slammed a work by educational Rachel Polonsky as tough to follow and one by Robert Service as awful.

Meanwhile the reviewer orlando-birkbeck had praised a book by Figes as fascinating.

Figes pronounced in a statement: I take full shortcoming for posting unknown reviews on Amazon.

I have finished a little ridiculous errors and apologize wholeheartedly to all concerned.

In particular, I am contemptible for the trouble I have caused to Rachel Polonsky and Robert Service.

I additionally apologize to my counsel to whom I gave improper information.

I panicked when confronted with an email sent to academics and the press and educated my counsel but meditative this by rationally.

This escalated the incident and brought some-more vigour on myself by call a authorised response.

My mother loyally attempted to save me and strengthen the family at a impulse of heated highlight when she was disturbed for my health, and I owe her an above-board apology.

Figes pronounced he was abashed of his poise and did not wholly assimilate because he acted as he did.

He said: It was stupidsome of the reviews I right away see were small-minded and ungenerous but they were not dictated to harm.

This predicament has unprotected a little health problems, though I suggest that some-more as reason than excuse.

I need a little time right away to simulate on what I have finished and the consequences of my actions with healing help.

A orator for Birkbeck College declined to criticism on the issue, simply saying: He is on ill leave and we are ancillary him at this time.

A snippet of a happy finale appears to have come out of the saga, in the form of a sales boost.

The Daily Mails website reported Ms Polonsky observant of her book, Molotovs Magic Lantern: It reached the tip 500, afterwards forsaken to about 1,600 on Amazons best-seller list. Now it is behind to 500 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment